Microsoft Suite Desktop Operating Systems
- Windows 8
Behind the new look of Windows 8 is the rock-solid foundation you’ve come to expect from Windows 7. Windows 8 is reimagined to support different working styles. It’s more intuitive so you can find what you need faster and easier. The new look of Windows and the new app model make it easier for businesses to create their own line-of-business apps to help improve productivity.
Windows 8 improves on Windows 7 fundamentals like speed, reliability, security, and other essentials that are important to IT administrators. And it works seamlessly with an existing Windows management infrastructure.
Iconic are all ready to demonstrate, assess, design and deploy Windows 8 in your environment
- Metro Start- Metro Start is Windows 8's new location for launching applications. It includes updating live tiles that you can regroup as you desire, increasing the flexibility of your Windows 8 experience.
- Traditional desktop- For those who prefer the traditional desktop experience, this still exists in Windows 8, which offers a traditional desktop view akin to that of Windows 7. Applications that run in Windows 7 will also run on Windows 8's traditional desktop
- Metro apps- Part of the new Metro UI, Metro apps are full screen and easy to install, offering an immersive new way to work with Windows
- Windows Store - Integrated into Windows 8, the Windows Store offers Metro apps for download and purchase and soon will also offer desktop apps. A tile located on the Metro UI start screen offers one-click access to the Windows Store
- Tablet ready- Unlike previous versions of Windows, which were not built for tablets, Windows 8 has been built from the ground up as both a tablet and desktop operating system, providing a hybrid approach to computing on both PCs and mobile devices.
- Internet Explorer 10 for Metro- Windows 8 ships with two versions of Internet Explorer 10, the classic desktop version and a new full-screen immersive browser that is lightweight and easy to use.
- Touch interface - Windows 8's touch interface allows you to use a variety of touch commands to navigate the operating system.
- SkyDrive connectivity- SkyDrive is not a new feature, but its tight integration into Windows 8 is. In Windows 8, the data you store in the cloud is easily accessible on all your Windows 8 devices, and the files you store in the cloud are easily viewable on your tablet, smartphone, or other Windows 8 device. SkyDrive soon will support large file sizes, meaning you will be able to transfer files that are up to 2GB in size.
- Charms bar- The Charms bar is a replacement for the Start button, offering quick access to search, sharing features, devices, and settings.
- Search bar- Search is by no means a new feature for Windows, but the search bar in Windows 8 is a powerful improvement on previous generations.
- Windows 7
These days the office comes in many guises—the quiet corner of a coffee shop or lobby, a back garden or park bench. Wherever you take your laptop and work, Windows 7 is designed to make it easier for you to get things done.
Windows 7 Professional has all the features you need for business, along with all the great media and entertainment features and recover your data easily with automatic backups to your home or business network. You’ll also be able to connect to company networks easily and more securely.
In addition core features in Windows 7 Professional include
- Domain Join, which gives you the ability to join a managed Windows Server network
- Advanced Backup and Restore to help you back up your entire system to a home or business network, and Encrypted File System to help protect your data
- Windows XP Mode* for running older productivity applications that require Windows XP
- Location Aware Printing, which helps you set different default printers for your home and work networks
Windows 7 Enterprise and Windows 7 Ultimate are the most versatile and powerful editions and are designed to address the needs of both enterprise customers and consumers who want every feature of Windows 7. While the features in these editions are the same, Windows 7 Enterprise includes volume activation capabilities and is only available to customers with a Microsoft Software Assurance Agreement. Windows 7 Enterprise and Windows 7 Ultimate help make you productive anywhere, enhance security and control, and streamline PC management. They also offer remarkable ease of use with the entertainment features of Home Premium and the business features of Professional, plus the flexibility to work in many different languages. Quite simply, Windows 7 Enterprise and Windows 7 Ultimate include everything Windows 7 has to offer.
In addition to the previously mentioned features, these editions include the following:
- Microsoft BitLocker™ and BitLocker To Go™ drive encryption and data protection on internal and external drives and storage devices
- Direct Access, which helps give you a more secure connection to your corporate network over the Internet
- Microsoft BranchCache™, which helps provide faster access to content from remote file and Web servers at branch locations
- Microsoft AppLocker™, which helps prevent unauthorized software from running on workers’ PCs
- Enterprise Search Scopes, which make it easy to discover and search content on intranet portals
- Multilingual user interface packs, which let you work in any of 35 languages
Iconic have extensive experience in small or mass deployments and migrations of Windows 7 and earlier operating systems and relevant informative case studies can be found on our website.
If you would like to find out more about how Iconic IT can help your business with our consultancy services then please contact us today on 0330 088 3338.